The different components of the ReGrasp must be cleaned separately:
Cleaning the dock can be performed as necessary to remove surface debris and prevent obstruction of the STIM cradle and HMS cradle. If there is noticeable dirt, dust, or other substance accumulating on the surface or within either of the STIM or HMS cradles, perform the following:
- Unplug the dock
- Wipe the dock's outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with clean water
- Use compressed air to dislodge any obstructions from the STIM and HMS cradles
STIM and HMS
The STIM and HMS can be cleaned, as needed, by simply wiping with a soft cloth dampened with clean, warm water.
Some clinical or hospital protocols may require low-level disinfection of the STIM and HMS, between use by multiple patients. In such cases, the STIM and HMS can be wiped with a cloth soaked with 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution. Continue to wipe as necessary to ensure all surfaces are kept wet with the solution for at least three (3) minutes.
WARNING: Do not immerse the STIM or HMS in water or any other liquid. Doing so can permanently damage the electronics.
Between uses, the electrodes can be cleaned as follows:
- Disconnect the electrodes from the garment
- Rinse the electrodes with clean water
- Squeeze out excess water, and allow the electrodes to air-dry
CAUTION: Do not use soaps, detergents, or other chemical cleaners on the electrodes. Doing so may cause skin irritation or affect stimulation. Do not store electrodes wet, allow them to fully air-dry before storing.
The electrodes are intended to be replaced regularly to prevent bacterial or other buildup, or degeneration of materials.
The garment can be washed by hand as necessary in a solution of mild laundry detergent and warm water.
- Remove the STIM from the garment
- Remove all electrodes from the garment
- Fill a sink or medium-sized basin with clean warm water and a small amount of mild, unscented laundry detergent
- Submerse the garment in the soapy water and gently agitate by hand for 2 to 5 minutes
- Rinse the garment under running warm water, and lightly squeeze - but do not twist or wring - until there is no sign of residual detergent
- Lightly squeeze out any excess water and dab-dry using a clean towel
- Hang the garment on a clothes-line or drying rack, and allow time to air-dry
CAUTION: Do not use bleach, fabric-softener, or any other products. Handle the garment with care. Do not twist, wring the garment. Air-dry only. Do not tumble-dry or hot-air dry the garment.
As necessary for clinical protocols, the garment may also be wiped with low-level disinfectants such as 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution.